+ 34 641 227 208 info@glcabogados.es

What is a student visa?

The Authorization to Stay for Studies allows the foreigner to remain in Spain in said situation to carry out the activity of studies, research, volunteering or non-work practices with respect to which it has been granted.

These are the requirements to apply for a student visa and obtain a residence permit for studies:

  • Full-time completion or extension of studies in an authorized educational center in Spain, leading to the obtaining of a degree or certificate of studies,
  • carrying out unpaid research or training activities,
  • participation in a student mobility program, to follow a secondary and/or baccalaureate education program in an officially recognized teaching or scientific centre,
  • carrying out non-labour internships in a public or private body or entity,
  • placement as an “Au Pair” provided that the applicant is between 17 and 30 years of age at the time of application.
  • provision of a volunteer service within a program that pursues objectives of general interest.


Find out NOW,